Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bitten

I love to craft. I can't draw, knit, crochet (well, a little) or do other fancy creative things, though there are a few things I attempt to do, like sewing. I can, however, paint a piece of wood and make it a lovely sign or I can can make a mean bunny out of Bendaroos. Lately, I have been bitten by the craft bug again. My most recent achievments? Well, there's a freezer paper stenciled "Nuke the Whales" shirt for my husband,



 A handsewn tooth pillow for Chicken (triangle-as requested by her),


 and a handsewn Bible cover for me, complete with an ICTHUS elastic closure.

(Hand sweing them would not have been my choice, but my machine is broken and frankly I can't afford to fix it at the moment.)


Currently I am in the mood to make more


diaper cakes (like these I've made in the past) and to try out my newly acquired skill of baby-sock bouquets. If only they weren't so expensive to make! I need justification and since my friends that are having babies haven't had them yet, I will just have to wait.  Unfortunately, the good Lord did NOT see fit to bless me with patience! But it's okay, I can still design in my head until the time comes that I can make them! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the tooth fairy pillow. You should make those up and sell them on etsy. www.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.k That is weird why did they put my name as JOHN ITs YVONNE!

    ReplyDelete

Please, add a little sanity to my insanity!