Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fun With Kool-Aid Dough

So since there is only two days left until vacation, I have been trying to get the house cleaned up.(Because who wants to come home to a dirty house?) Well, everyone knows when you have kidsit's incredibly difficult to keep them from destroying a freshly cleaned house. So, this afternoon I decided to dig into my "Things I want to make" folder and pulled out a recipe from Beckie at Infarrantly Creative, gathered the kiddos, and got to making. The kids enjoyed getting to help and couldn't wait to play with it once it was cooled. Unfortunately, I realized I had used 1/2 Tablespoon too much oil so it was super sticky! Extra flour and it was ready for use.

They have been playing with it now for over an hour! It's so wonderful to see the creations they come up with. They have made pizza, roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, had sick snakes, baby worms, and balls galore!
 
 
          Chicken and her girl

 



 









      The General and his Optimus Prime
 







El Segundo working on his creation


We had some other fun things show up as well, including a snowman and a herd flock pod group of turtles!










Chicken's Snowman and Turtle


The General's Turtle



El Segundo's Turtle















Overall, I'd say this was a success! The kids had a blast and my house stayed clean for more than ten minutes. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, add a little sanity to my insanity!