Sunday, March 6, 2011

Today's Thankful Thought

Today, amid all the articles and videos that I have been bombarded with recently, I am thankful for 

MY COUNTRY.

Now I know that seems a bit odd considering all that this country is going through at the moment. But you know what? Now matter what is happening, I still believe that the United States is the greatest country in the world! We may have our problems, but hands down there is no other place I would rather live. I am so thankful to God that he put me in this country. I can't imagine living where I have to worry day in and day out about bullets and bombs and my family's safety, or if we have enough food, or where we can get clean water, or if someone is going to come in the middle of the night and take my children away and force them to join some military group. I can lay down at night and know that we are safe. That if we run out of food we can drive down the road to a store and buy more. That if I turn on the faucet, and have paid my water bill, that clean, potable water is going to come out of the spout.

There are seemingly so many people nowadays that want only to complain about our great country, about it's leaders and it's policies and the like. And there are those who would poop on the flag (yes it really has happend) or say they aren't American's or that Obama isn't their president, but I have news for all of them and those like them. If they live in this country, they ARE Amercians, Obama IS their president, and that flag is THEIR flag, and if they don't like it then they can leave the country!! I know that sounds harsh, but it's the way I feel.

Far too many people have bled and died for that beautiful flag, and although I'm not brave enough to do it, I am thankful to all that have. It represents a place where you can be what you want to be, say what you want to say, and if you feel so inclined, protest at a fallen soldier's funeral. I just wish that people who speak against the country and it's fallen heros would remember that this country gives them that right. If they were to speak or act that way in some countries, they would be dead before their video hit YouTube. 

Somehow this Thankful Thought turned into a bit of a soapbox rant about people who are against our country and I appologize. I just want to say thank you to God for giving me such a wonderful place to call home. I truly am PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, add a little sanity to my insanity!