Friday, March 11, 2011

Sickness and Sweetness

This was a rough week for my husband. He had step throat and when he gets it, it knocks him down flat which meant that I had to add Nurse to my list of duties for the day. Not that I minded at all, I love getting to tend to my husband when he's sick. I don't really know why, but I enjoy it. He spent from Sunday morning when he got home from work until Tuesday late morning in bed sleeping. Monday the only reason he left bed was to go to the doctor and then later in the evening he came out for about 30 mins or so, but then went right back to bed. I think he lost ten pounds and I was saying "Hey make me sick, I want to lose ten pounds!" Thankfully he is all better now and due to his schedule, only had to miss two days of work then had three more to fully recover.

Also this week, I got to go to the ladies meeting at church. I really do like going to those. I am not much of a social person and I have social anxiety in the worse way most of the time, but I am finding myself more and more able to attend events like this one and not feel so nervous. Anyway, my "team" was supposed to bring a dessert for the evening's meeting and I, having little in the way of available funds, went for something cheap. This is what I ended up with

And I shall call them "indoor s'mores"

They were really yummy, but oh so rich!  I think the next time I do them, I will only dip them half way so there is not so much chocolate. They were super easy to make too which is good for me since a baker I am not!

And instead of a thankful thought today, in light of the natural disaster in Japan, I will say a prayer for those affected.

Lord, please be with those who have been affected by this earthquake and subsequent tsunamis. I pray that those who have died knew you and are with you now. I ask that you be with those who are still missing, and bring comfort to the families of the dead and missing.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, add a little sanity to my insanity!